YOU ARE LIMITLESS, AFFIRM THIS TO YOURSELF

I am a proud mother of two beautiful girls. Funny enough growing up I was not as outspoken and opinionated as I am today. I was a victim of bullying. Yes me...I was. I know its hard to believe for some people. However as I grew up I started to see everything that was wrong with the world. Three things have been reference points in terms of inspiration in my life.
I vow to chart my own path, and encourage you to the same
 Being a spectator to injustice in any form left me irritable. I couldn't stomach the impunity and I  decided to take the legal route as a profession. For me all that you need know about this world except things to do with spirituality the starting point should always be WHAT DOES THE LAW SAY?

I always draw inspiration from my family especially on my dad's side who are highly independent and intellectuals par excellence. They inculcated a reading culture from a very young age. A hunger for knowledge was something I grew up surrounded with. My father ( bless his soul) was the most intelligent Chief Chemist I ever met. My aunts especially have also inspired me to be this bold, go getting, no nonsense woman, who will knock down a few doors until she's heard. The manner in which they handle the domestics in their homes even to date has nurtured that strong backbone to be able to stand on my two feet. And yes, they are both happily married thank you.

 And who isn't inspired by the Steve Harvey story. The man who lost everything three times and was able to put himself together to be the man we see today. Its not just his story that inspires me but it is also the intimate relationship he has established and is so proud of with God. He speaks of God with no shame but awe and pride. That to me is the level of grace I aspire to have in my life.

The stumbling blocks I have encountered on my life journey have been numerous. However i will touch on the ones I deem as far reaching because they have been deterrents sometimes to becoming who I am. The first challenge has been that I am a woman who can defend her space with such force that leaves most men challenged. This for the longest time became a challenge when men and some women wrote me off as a bitter and angry woman. I do not understand how when a woman adequately defends her school of thought and position all of a sudden becomes the one with the problem. Another challenge is having to constantly remind people that I am indeed a Christian with strong points of view politically. People say the two entities are parallel lines. However, its my view that I am a Christian first before I am a political animal. It is only God that awakened the political giant in me.
The stories of women who have shattered the glass ceiling and have endeavoured to have a limitless career path are not talked about enough and celebrated enough. There are so many phenomenal women out there who are charting their own paths. It is only us women who can document more of these stories and tell them more often so that their impact is long lasting. Lets have more documentation of these wonderful stories of women of valour. Men write their own so nothing should come in the way of us doing just that and more.

My message would be you are limitless (affirm this to yourself with each waking day) and yes the world is yourself let the world testament and witness to the best version of yourself. The pursuit for a limitless life and the best version of self must be a relentless pursuit

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Every Passion Has Its Destiny

TOUGHER BY THE DAY