KNOW WHAT TO PRIORITISE


I always aim to make someone smile
This is Talent Maunganidze popularly known as “kcueda” yes that’s just a pseudo name l inherited during my high school days so that l avoid using my name . I am 28 years old and one independent , crazy, outspoken and  mostly beautiful young lady who has earned two degrees at a younger age . I hold a Degree in Criminal Justice System Degree and a Law Degree both from University of Botswana.

Growing up, l always believed l would be an actress or a stage performer for all purposes just to be entertaining people. I remember during my first year in University l used to think maybe l should just go and join one of those local dramas. My interest was always to put a smile to the person around my being , and that came naturally , just uttering of a word one would laugh. However , growing up shapes a person that may have never been inside but circumstances and other surrounding factors and how one is nurtured may give you a different passion and define you differently. I was born in a family of intellects , both parents being PHD holders , having an elder brother as a medical doctor and the last born as an engineer got me to think otherwise about my line of career, clearly I would be the only one with an undefined occupation. My passion for justice, honest and uplifting those with lost hope grew and engraved in me. I then wanted to be a Lawyer and that l have accomplished.

Two variables motivated me to be the lady that l am today, firstly my dearest mother Doctor Omega Maunganidze , she has been the mirror I look into as each day goes and I see a reflection of me which just needs me to put it into reality. She is the definition of prayer, perseverance, handwork, and sacrifice. . She is my number one pusher and motivator. Secondly, I have been motivated with how I have lived a confusing, regretful and mischievous high school life. That has made me want to rewrite my story and have a new page to cover up the top page of my being. Weird I know! These would be the last things anyone would imagine to be the inspiring mechanisms but believe me you , for me this is what has motivated me.

My greatest challenge was Talent, me, myself and I. I have been the hindrance to my own destiny because of not taking time to answer the call that was long made to me in the legal profession .Being a nuisance to my own being , I have days when I get mad over my own self for having denied myself the opportunity to grow, explore and manifest the greatness that is bestowed in me . Being cushioned with others while in school and I don’t want to call it peer pressure but it was misconception of happiness.

Supporting and helping to me , have different meanings. What differentiate the two is the motive behind each. I can help support someone in following a dream, but helping them get to it is a different ball game. Our society is filled with women, who support but not help. Advising me to start a cake business and telling me to go for it is support, giving me the capital to start the business is holing. Very few have that heart and ability. This is what makes us fail to celebrate each other, sense of competition even where it’s not necessary.

This is my message to the young ladies out there. I am a product of two sittings on O level but my A level, I passed very well not because first seating of form 4 I was not smart enough. It was because l had not yet understood the art of life and the ability to know what to prioritize as a young lady growing up . The sense of belonging drained me along the failing and loosing focus trench. My first advice is that , be you do you and see you in all that matters you remain the you that is you so work on self-actualization for you.

My second advice is that , education may be less valued  now because of economic frustrations, and the traumatizing reality that education does not really put fast cash in the pocket. But the golden aspect of it all is that , you get emancipated from  unnecessary social obligations and people who do not respect nor neither appreciate the girl child . Be educated enough that  you raise your head up high and face the world with sense of achievement and content.

My third advice is that, the path to success includes you cutting off certain behaviours and individuals, choose wisely and make decisions that you will surely regret about but be proud to have made such. I remember my first love was a an army officer  , when he dumped me for a nurse I could not even challenge because I didn’t not even have form 4 . Years down the line he called me , I told him to pay for consultation to have 30 minutes of my time because I am a whole Lawyer and Criminologist and my time is paid for . This is the beauty of being educated , you earn respect and you command who stays and who doesn’t  in your life. Because at the end of the day , you may not have it all but you will be able to afford a simple decent life of your level.

My forth advice is that, not everyone was meant to be an academia, make use of your talent and implement your ability in the positive manner. Let your life choices and decisions manifest you into the success and stable emotional ground with no regrets of not having exhausted all your abilities as a young lady. If you are meant to be a house wife, then do it to the level best and answer that vocation with good faith. If you are meant to be a hairdresser, do it with all your ability , ,make us look good and expand your territory of business. All I am saying is focus, discipline and effort can not but only give the best of end of times in your life  where you will enjoy and experience beauty of handwork.

Lastly but not least, when you fail in something. That doesn’t make you a dull person, it needs you to just take a different turn and try a new methods.
My motto to you all is “ what has been designed to be your destiny can only be fulfilled when you as an individual choose to pray, play , focus, and be realistic with yourself to know what to prioritize”.

Love you all

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Every Passion Has Its Destiny

TOUGHER BY THE DAY

YOU ARE LIMITLESS, AFFIRM THIS TO YOURSELF