NEVER GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAM

Hello I am Monica Grace Mushayi. Grew up from a very humble background and by the grace of God am now a qualified medical doctor. I love my work,I love children hoping to become a paediatrician or neonatologist one day. I like watching TV and dancing (not a good dancer  ) and fun talks with friends .I love God and I cannot imagine my life without Him.I realised I am quite patient with people.I have always wanted to become a doctor from a young age and I have never imagined myself doing anything else. God has been my sustainer. My parents, relatives and friends have been my motivators too..strong support system.
I kept my faith through it all

My greatest challenge was not getting the required points at A'level ( had taken Physics which was not my strength instead of Biology for A level as one of my subjects as people around me thought Physics was the best for my combination with Maths and Chemistry )The points were not enough to make it into University of Zimbabwe and National University of Science and Technology required Biology . It was a huge blow ,I was sure I would have it easy after nailing my ordinary level. Not that I  did not pass A'level but it wasn't enough to get me into medical school. I still went on to apply but still got rejected. I thank God for my dad and family who did not give up ,they understood what I really wanted to do.I found myself in Zambia where I pursued my medical degree. As if it was not enough two years towards my completion I was told I could not continue without A level Biology.I was shocked how they over looked that when I was offered the program. I petitioned the college to allow me to proceed while I do Biology on the side. I promised them I would have the results before my final exams. One of the top managers at my college said I would fail because it would be demanding for me to continue my studies and do Biology A level at the same time. I looked him in the eye and told him I will not fail. I was allowed. I took ten lessons to orient me on the practicals etc and the rest was my own road of study. The rest is history I passed within a year from the petition . I passed my final exams . I am now a doctor . I kept my faith through it all. I chose to believe what I knew I was destined to be.I did well throughout my medical school without repeating.

To some extent women do not celebrate each other. We tend to bash each other on social media , in schools and work places. We need to support each other more. But again in other instances women celebrate each other and support each other take our mothers ,sisters aunties and grandmothers who have worked so hard to help us be where we are. Some single mothers and single women raise their girls to become great women. It's a two side of the coin.

My message is do not give up on the dreams you have. Work towards them. Identify your strong support system and work with them..avoid those who drag you down but do not mistake good critics and say they are haters. Good criticism is key . Most of all God will never let you down

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Every Passion Has Its Destiny

TOUGHER BY THE DAY

YOU ARE LIMITLESS, AFFIRM THIS TO YOURSELF