Lets do this...

Valerie Luther once said"A strong woman accepts both compliments and criticism graciously, knowing that it takes both sunshine and rain for flowers to grow", you should learn to filter and discern what is necessary for your journey in life to go on. More often than not women face more criticism than compliments from other women. If there is enough air for everyone to breathe then there is enough space for everyone to chase their dream without pulling someone else down.
I dedicate my 2019 to celebrating as many women as possible... Lets do this

In a bid to motivate and inspire women out there I will start by sharing my experiences, mistakes and success in each sector, as we will embark on this journey I look forward to sharing stories on different women in each category.We also have the solidarity page for victims of different forms of abuse these stories will go under the banner Moana`s diaries.


Beauty with Brains
All beauty comes from a beautiful blood and a beautiful brain, and it is with great honour and pleasure that I admire and appreciate the women who have dedicated their life life in this category. When it comes to beauty and brains I grew up believing I was more of the brains and the beauty was for the tall slim sleek and slender. I was bullied through my primary and high school year because of my large feet,thunder thighs, squint eyes and receding hairline. I will not even mention the fact that I was short black and round and my skin had its fair share of infections and reaction pimples.It took me 23 years and a migration to a foreign land to realise that I had features that radiated beauty as well for example my smile...
Business
It is a good thing to mind your own business in life but it is way better to start your own . The business sector is a broad and highly dreaded sector but thank God for entrepreneurship everyone can now participate and be a proud owner of their own business. In my case it took the near death of my mother,the verge of deferring studies and the struggle of finding the next meal during my days at Chinhoyi University. Desperate times call for desperate measures and such situations pushed me to start selling clothes and braiding hair to make my next meal and help supplement fees and accommodation, but I managed to make it with a smile on my face hiding the troubles and pain.

Entertainment
Apparently when God was distributing singing talents my angel had bunked that session. I was so bad that they asked me to lip sing during the national anthem in school. Dancing and acting were not my strong hold either so ended up talking instead. Public speaking and debate became my cushion and fortress because that is all I seemed to be good at, along with drawing and sewing but I was a scientist so I really did not have time to pursue my art. We all know how African parents will react if you tell them you want to be an artist so I let my talent die due to circumstances beyond my control. I greatly admire women who have made it in different sectors of entertainment, and those who are bold enough to pursue it regardless of the societal views and limitations deserve a gold medal.

Faith
If you are reading this section please take off your judgemental cape and keep an open mind. I was born and raised in the Anglican church and all was well until the splits and squabbles. Some say it was a blessing in disguise but ever since I have been on a spiritual and religious roller coaster. I have since attended about 10 different churches in total and each one more confusing and controversial than the last. I would love to share my experiences and views in each of the congregations and get some advice on what I missed or misinterpreted. In my various endeavours I came to a conclusion that there is only one father and one son and one spirit in which we are one.

Maids with Honour

I can safely say this is my favourite category of them all, because it has the most interesting stories ever. Maids are like mirror that reflects our true personalities, you can pretend to be miss goody too shoes at work and church but when you come home you drop the act. We have all taken the roles of maids at one point in life and everyone knows the drill of housekeeping, lucky enough these women get paid for it. At one point in life I went through unpaid hard labour in the name of just getting a roof over my head those were the most excruciating 2 years of my life, but I learnt how to manage life under pressure so now I reflect on it as a good life lesson.

Politics
Talk of stereotypes , bad mouthing and body shaming, women in politics have seen it all. The first thing they rob you is your dignity status in society. It takes the strongest and toughest women to make it to the top without breaking down. The journey is so challenging such that you lose friends , risk arrest and even lose loved ones along the way, you really need a thick skin to be able to achieve your goals . Being student leader and activist for the greater part of my life I can safely say I have seen it all and I believe there is more to come if I chose to go higher. You face resistance from both men and women some out of spite and others out of jealousy ,either way they neither wants to see you at the top. I have always believed women are better leaders and under their wing the world would be a better place. Unfortunately because of the inferiority complex we tend to full fill these stereotypes and sometimes end up under performing or putting the wrong people in influential positions.

STEM
Science technology engineering and mathematics is a predominantly male dominated field due to the fact that we are made to believe boys are more intelligent than girls, which is not the case rather back then only boys had a greater opportunity to go to school. Thank God for the modern day which allows education for all. I strongly disagree that science subjects are harder than arts or commercials it just takes interest and passion. I have always been in the science sector by default my mother is a midwife and my father is an electrician so it was predetermined that I would be a doctor or an engineer. Unfortunately I do not like blood and mathematics is not my favourite subject , I am more concerned about the environment and human rights and I am still wondering how I will turn the tables. Hats off to all the ladies in this sector who have proven that you can have it all, how can you get As in maths and still have time to live and enjoy life.


I owe every success in my life to the woman who gave me life, she deserves a whole book dedicated to celebrate her and I will share her story as the last one of the year.

These are just random ideas on how simple your articles can be and there is a category for everyone. Of course I will edit and standardise each story to fit the desired format, I will also expand and add details on my own journeys in life with hope that it will help someone out there and the world at large.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Every Passion Has Its Destiny

TOUGHER BY THE DAY

YOU ARE LIMITLESS, AFFIRM THIS TO YOURSELF