SHE MADE ME AN INDEPENDENT SELF MOTIVATED WOMAN

I am person interested in a number of things including cooking, watching movies and games. Reaching out and helping others is one of my passions especially when it comes to widows and orphans. The death of my mother made me see the real world and I knew immediately that I had to be strong and soldier on . She was a very prayerful and hard working woman and through her I learnt the importance of self motivation and independence.  I am that kind of person who does not like the famous ' If it were not for me she would be nothing' statement. This is common in our community , a person helps you out once and they go around taking credit for every step you take in life and they always belittle you in the form of the so called black tax. I have therefore been motivated to use my own hands and appreciate the little I have.

My passion is to have my own company in the line of food manufacturing and having a masters degree.The only challenge I have is finance.The other passion that I had was to finish my school without many people putting in their hands in it , or going to unthinkable extremes to attain it. The Lord is faithful because that came to pass. I value the fact that regardless of the circumstances I am a step up the education ladder and a step closer to my goal. When I got an unpaid internship I thought I was doomed as I needed the finances, but like I said the Lord has a greater plan for us all the time. I ended up taking advantage of the situation by applying my entrepreneurial skills and started investing  and buying and selling good from Mozambique. The situation was not easy, balancing work and trying to grow my business at the same time making sure I pass the internship. Nevertheless, I managed to raise money for 3 semesters including food accommodation and clothes, today I share my story as a graduate who stood up and finished off what my mother had started. The dream lives on and the journey to greatness has just begun.

When it comes to how people view successful women in the society, it seems like every time you make it in life people assume you have a sugar daddy or you are using your body to get money. No one really looks at the process, rather they judge from the results. I spent most of my nights buying and transporting tonnes of maize in order to make extra cash, no one considered the sleepless nights but they were quick to rumour around when I started making profits. These are some of the moments I know if my mother was around I would be resting at night instead of crying while working through the night . I learnt to be  deaf and focus on my goals because people will always bring you down. My advice to women is ,be self motivated  and do not always expect someone to do it for you. Once you see someone trying to make ends meet , support them and encourage them even in the little things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Every Passion Has Its Destiny

TOUGHER BY THE DAY

YOU ARE LIMITLESS, AFFIRM THIS TO YOURSELF